Things to think about:
- Sexuality and Gender: How important is the body in The Matrix? How are bodies portrayed (visually) on the screen?
- Race: Is “race” important in The Matrix? Where do you see racial themes directly addressed? Where are racial issues “implied”? Is Neo white?
- Reality vs. Illusion (as in Plato’s Cave): Would you rather live in The Matrix? Why/not
- Human vs. Machines: What is our relationship with our tools, with our machines?
- Humans as Machines: Are humans and machines really that different? Why or why not?
- Are we living in the Matrix? How do you know?
- What do the characters’ names/nicknames mean?
FOR NEXT WEEK READ: The Matrix and Philosophy (TMAF) 5-15