I'll be available in E103S and on Gmail (and google talk) at email@example.com (starting at 10:45).
First, hit “Comment” below and check-in for attendance. Be sure to say, “Thank you, Ahmed, for suggesting we have online class today.”
Second, be sure your draft of the Media mid-term is posted (Blog 15). You may want to comment on your own draft asking for specific help that you know you need. For example “Can someone please help me with MLA format?”.
Third, using the questions below (you may cut and paste them across) you should respond to at least FOUR classmates drafts using the following guidelines. You should read the comments that precede yours and consider their suggestions in your reply. For example, “I think Blanca is right, that second paragraph sounds like a cut and paste job. Do you know where it came from?” You should NOT respond to anyone who already has four comments.
- Does the draft fit the assignment? Why or why not?
- Does the author have a clear claim? What is it?
- Does the author have reasons to support the claim? What are they?
- Does the author support all reasons with evidence?
- Is the language clear and correct? If not, give specific examples of problems.
- Is all information cited properly? (Avoid plagiarism and copyright infringement!) To test this, pick a few “really smart sounding” sentences and Google search them. We don’t want any “Oops” moments in there as that would be breaking federal law since it is on their blog!
4/29 Film Mid-term Test, 9:15a E301
5/4 (Re-)Read The Matrix and Philosophy (TMAF) 5-15. Essay 4 Rewrite during class.
5/5 Trip TBA (We will meet off-campus as directed)
5/6 Read TMAF 28-40. Be prepared for a Quiz.
READ for next week or