WEEKS ONE-TWO: Socrates and The Truman Show
1. Reflection: I am/am not a Cyborg (Essay 1)
2. Response: Socrates’ Cave
3. Response: Truman Show
4. Response: Truman Syndrome
5. Synthesis: (Essay 2, IC): Truman Show
6. Reflection: Making Connections between classes.
WEEKS THREE-FOUR: The Matrix
1. Reflection: In or Out out of the Cave/Seaview?
2. Response: The Matrix
3. Response: Matrix Readings 1 The Matrix and Philosophy (TMAF) 5-15
3. Response: Matrix Readings 2 TMAF 28-40
4. Response: Matrix Readings 3 TMAF 28-40
5. Synthesis (Essay 3, IC), Matrix Readings 4 TMAF 41-52
WEEKS FIVE-SIX: Mid-term Research
1. Reflection: Francis E. Dec “Frankenstein Gangster Controls” (Audio)
2. Research: Topic and Plan for Mid-term
3. Research: Draft 1 (peer evaluation)
4. Research: Draft 2 (instructor evaluation)
5. Synthesis (Essay 4): Media Mid-term
C. Jason Smith, Ph.D. is Professor of English at the City University of New York-LaGuardia CC. He has published books and articles on gender in science fiction film and fantasy and is an active science and technology writer.